Saturday, December 08, 2007

Visit of St Nikolas

This is a yearly occurrence at this time of the year, especially somewhere like Schopfheim that has a real community feel about it. Anyway, after waiting and watching all day to see if St Nikolas would make an appearance at our door (and I had some home baked goodies ready), I eventually gave up, locked the door and closed the shutters rather late at night. I was feeling very disappointed.

When we opened the front door the following day there were these chocolates (pictured - Mon Cherie) hanging from the door!

We happened to pass our neighbour this afternoon coming home from Basel and he asked if we'd had a visit from St Nikolas! Then we put two and two together! Heinz had the biggest smile on his face. But he missed out on the home baked goodies. I'll just have to sneak them over to his front door! It could become quite a fun game actually!




2 comments:

Pat said...

It's a pity to have missed out on those baked goods - what did you bake? I'm thinking there will be a special delivery though....St. Nikolas is very special that way!

Gaynor said...

Dear Pat, I made Cornies and Lemon Coconut slice! Now I've tried my hand at Shortbread. You can buy it here, but it's from England and VERY EXPENSIVE! More baking to come! Love, Gaynor xx