Tuesday, March 18, 2008

EASTER HOT CROSS BUNS



In my misery (shouldn't say that - I'm just not myself), I decided to try my hand at Hot Cross Buns. You can't buy them here in Germany. Well, I am pretty happy with the result, and taste. If I make them regularly I will be able to perfect the recipe. A little more salt and a little more spice! Also, not sure about the container, but that's what the recipe said to use. I could make them a little more even!





Now I'm waiting for Roger to produce a delicious dinner, but sorry, no photo's!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Picture perfect! I think I can smell their delicious aroma all the way over here!
This is something my Father said that my grandmother used to make for Easter. I wish I had her recipe, he said they were so good.

October's Child said...

Wow Mum, aren't you clever, perhaps I should try it instead of spending a fortune on g-free ones! Looks like fun...
Have a great Easter in Dusseldorf.
Love you lots,
Joce xo

Pamela said...

I've NEVER made any.. but yours look yummy.

Glenda said...

Nice one Mum! I hope that Tom inspired you, we have been very much enjoying our buns of late!
Love G

Anonymous said...

Too tempting . Have a wonderful Easter. You are a very creative photographer by the way.

Love frm

Ann