Wednesday, March 05, 2008

LIFE



Life is ticking along. Can you believe it is now March? My goodness what is going to happen to this year. Which means I make the most of each and every day. I am recovering from the common cold (most miserable) so have not felt like doing much at all. I've even enjoyed a couple of sleeps in the afternoon. I'd love to do it all the time, just to recharge the batteries, but it usually doesn't happen.

I've had some lovely contacts with people that I wouldn't normally come into contact with of late and I've thoroughly enjoyed this. I love people. Can't seem to get enough of them.

Hiking has been great and of course a good way to have long conversations as you come alongside people that are walking the same pace as you!
I've been involved in a 6 week 'Memoir Writing Workshop' which I have found very challenging. Probably not the best time to be doing it, but I have really enjoyed the other 4 ladies doing the course and it has challenged me in a way I haven't been challenged before. We've had 3 sessions so far. It is being run at Centrepoint (the English speaking Club in Basel) and of course if free to members, so that's a bonus in itself!

Last Sunday we went with friends to visit a Christian Celtic Community in Einigen, Switzerland. I will post a few photo's Roger took. It was the most beautiful day and the Alps looked stunning. What a joy it was to meet Roger and Ursula, who run the Community.



Driving in the car to Einigen



View from the house to the barn and lake






Roger playing 'tag' with Stryker-Ann and Wils!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

wonderful scenery --- just makes my heart yearn.

Pat said...

I have once again gone on a wonderful, scenic trip with you - one with no snow!
Happy belated birthday to your beautiful girl- hope it was a day filled with smiles!

Madge said...

It looked like a lovely day and a lovely place. Sorry I could not make it...next time, this looks like a "do-again-trip"!

Anonymous said...

Wow - wonderful scenery - just to see it lifts the spirits and a Christian community as well. On a serious note I hope that the beauty around you is reflected in the spiritual lives of the people you meet and that they are caring for you as well as vice versa.

Love from Ann

Pat said...

Are you traveling again?
Come back, come back...wherever you are!

Pat said...

I will comment way down here! I pray that you will soon be feeling 100% again - the world needs for you to be up and about to be able to enjoy your sweet spirit!
Have a wonderful Easter, come back with some more marvelous pictures, you know I'll be waiting!