Saturday, March 29, 2008

TRAIN TO KREFELD




WELL...... we were extremely spoilt going by First Class Rail to Krefeld. Roger is friendly with the man who issues the rail tickets at the Bahnhof in Schopfheim. He said it was 2 euro cheaper for us to travel first class by rail to Krefeld because he could do a special deal. Whilst travelling I said to Roger "I could get used to this"!! Lovely seats to sit in, leg rests, nice toilets, free papers to read, choccies (!!!!!) and personal service from the Restaurant! What more could we want on our travels (and most of you would know we love travelling on the train).
Here are a few pictures taken out of the window of the ICE as it winds it's way up the Rhine River.
We would have loved to jump off and camp along the way, but it's still a little nippy!!!

4 comments:

Pat said...

It's easy to get used to luxury, isn't it?! I'm glad you had such wonderful 1st class accomodations.
Tell me about that castle on the side of the mountain. It looks very interesting!

Gaynor said...

Sorry Pat, no news on the castle! We have no idea about it, but one day we might take the slow trip up the Rhine and visit all these lovely places. There are quite a few castles along the way. Have I ever told you we have Castle ruins near the area where we live. It's very interesting. One day I will take you there!!!!!

Pat said...

I would love to have you as my tour guide! Can we start in Gerolstein? That's the region my Fathers family is from.

Gaynor said...

YOU'RE ON ! ! !

When can you get here? !