Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Marianne's Birthday Breakfast

I received a lovely invitation to a "Girlie Breakfast" on Monday 2 April from Marianne. When I arrived at her place in the mountains I discovered it was her Birthday! What a delightful time I had meeting new German friends of Marianne's and eating a German breakfast. I even managed a little bit of Deutsch understanding as they chattered away in Deutsch with a little English for my benefit. Boy it's hard work! Will I ever learn Deutsch. Everyone has their own ideas of how to learn. But whichever way, it's not easy. I felt very privileged to be invited by my friend Marianne considering she has known all these ladies for over 20 years - and me less than a year.

In the photo - l-r : Edda, Margaret (forgotten name!), Gabby and Marianne

No comments: