Tuesday, June 19, 2007

ADVENTUROUS MONDAY

It was suppose to be raining all day today! But it didn't, though we had lighting, thunder, hail stones the size of peas very briefly and then pounding rain in the afternoon.

We set off at 8.35am to join the hiking group. When we arrived at Basel Bad we both needed to use the loo! I was VERY quick, but my husband was not!! I arrived at the tram just in time BUT had to wait for Rog, so we missed it! I was not very impressed BUT a guy has to do what a guy has to do (I always thought they were quicker than us ladies)! (I can just hear my kids saying "tooooooooooo much information Mum"!!!).

We pressed on hoping we would catch the group at the appointed place, but we didn't, so we set off hoping we would know where we should go. It was actually a beautiful walk, but it was very warm and humid, so hard walking really. At one point I thought I glimpsed the group but then we lost them again. We walked for about 1 hour and decided to head back towards the tram. On the way we picked up 1 kg cherries - yum, yum, yum! Did we wait to wash them, you ask? No, we didn't! I think we ate 1/3 of them! So, we arrived home at 12.20pm and I've been a busy bee writing letters, shopping, making a yummy slice, dinner, ironing, mending! My goodness, what a Monday.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

"tooooooooooo much information Mum"!!!)

thanks for making me laugh. Thats exactly what my kids would say, too.

Glenda said...

TOOOO MUCH INFORMATION MUM!!!! Like, WAY TOO MUCH!!! But if you didn't then that wouldn't be you would it?
Love G

Phili said...

Hahaha!!! I can hear you telling the tale in my head!

Pat said...

What a Monday indeed!
I for one believe in explaining things fully - so I fit right into your "toooo much information" description! You did that very tastefully - you gave the reason for missing the tram without getting to colorful! You just stated the facts as they happened!!
Usually there is a longer line in the Ladies room - but we're still quicker - HA!

Joce said...

TOO MUCH INFORMATION MUM!!! ;)
I'll just add to the chorus... oh, what a day, you make me tired just reading it! <><

Joce said...

TOO MUCH INFORMATION MUM!!! ;)
I'll just add to the chorus... oh, what a day, you make me tired just reading it! <><