Saturday, June 23, 2007

MY FRIDAY



Here we are - Angela and Gaynor at Centrepoint. A photo especially for Jocelyn. Now do you remember who Angela is? You can also barely see the red hair!! Yep, I took the big plunge last night whilst Roger was out at his Deutsch class. I can get up to all sorts of mischief when he's not in the house! What am I going to do when the course finishes in a couple of weeks?!!

I left home in the pouring rain and I even changed what I was wearing, but I needn't have bothered. By the time I got to Basel the sun was shining and it was rather warm! The Centrepoint morning tea was lovely and I had a good chat to Katherine, a lady from China who will be leaving to go to Newport, US next month, and also to Theresa who is from Basel and wants to improve her English. We had a lovely chat about Perth because she has been there.

Had a look around the shops for shoes (thanks for offering to come with me Pat!! - sorry it didn't work out) but nothing jumped out at me and said "buy me, buy me!!". Lucky me really.

Roger and I had a lovely walk around Schopfheim, up the hill, past the stables, etc. I just never want to take this beautiful place where we live for granted. We walked back through the town and did some window shopping and bumped in to the lovely Carla, who was on her bike going home.

Roger then cooked a very yummy dinner. Salmon in a delicious sauce (secret recipe - in other words straight out of his head!) with potato wedges and carrot. Am I spoilt?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gaynor
You are a wonderful blogger. Could make a good book eventually with some editing - now thats a thought for you!! We enjoyed your letter this week. It is sitting in centre of our table. Snail mail is very special in our world. Have a wonderful weekend and I pray people will emerge in your path.

Ann

Gaynor said...

You're such an encourager Ann. Thanks for your words. Glad you enjoyed the letter. I enjoyed writing it to you all. I trust you have a wonderful weekend.
Love, Gaynor x

Pat said...

If nothing shouts "buy me", its best to keep moving!
Your dinner sounds yummy - I think you may well be spoiled, which is another way of saying your dearly loved!

Angie D said...

My husband only WISHES I'd go shoe shopping and not find anything! We'll need a good close-up of the red hair, I think. :)