Thursday, June 21, 2007

IT'S RAINING CATS AND DOGS ! ! !

Thursday has dawned and it is bucketing down outside. What a week it has been. We've never heard such thunder so constantly in all our lives. So much so that it has kept us awake at night and left us feeling rather tired and ragged. It has been hot and humid, but today is a nice 21C degrees.

Roger has just braved the storm to go and visit our lovely youth pastor Dave. We need to get another letter from the church for our visa, which expires at the end of July.

I need to brave the rain and go shopping for a few things. I have a friend Angela coming to lunch. She is coming from Basel and hasn't been out this way before. I'm going to make a vegetable Thai Fried Rice that my darling Jocelyn introduced me to a couple of years ago. It's very yummy, but I haven't made it since I've been here.

Oh dear, the thunder and lighting. Do I really have to venture outside?!! If you don't hear from me again, you'll know I've been struck by lighting! Oh........that's no joke.

2 comments:

Pat said...

You're right, thats NO joke - that would be terrible! Thunder can be un-nerving, but lightening really can scare me. One time we had a really bad storm and some side-ways sort of wind and it actually blew our chimney over - we had bricks all over our roof and lots of damage!
Stay safe out there ~ PLEASE, and enjoy your lunch, and remember...my birthday is less then a month away, have some cake in my honor!!! Just had to tease you a tiny bit - it's better to be remembered a little early then not at all!!
love you!

Pamela said...

I read about the rain and flooding from the news and several other bloggers.