Sunday, May 31, 2009

BODY WORKOUT ! ! !



Well, I've certainly put my body through its paces this week. Roger and I went hiking with the Basel hikers last Monday (our usual routine). We knew the hike was going to be challenging but......

We arrived at Dornach station at 9.20am and waited for the rest of the group to arrive. It was going to be a warm 35C so walking was actually not going to be a lot of fun in the heat. We also knew the height difference was about 500+ metres. We were walking from Dornach to Gempen and back to Dornach (a round trip). Well, up, up, up we went. My goodness. But we had good breaks and lots of water. Once we got to the top, we realized it was worth it! The view was spectacular over Baselland. No pictures (sorry). The walk took 3 1/2 hours and we were all pooped at the end of it. We left home just after 8am and arrived back home at 2.20pm. And yes, we were couch potatoes for (almost) the rest of the day. I did have to do some baking in the evening as I wanted to make something special for Fritz Weibels birthday on Tuesday.

Wednesday I decided to head up the hill for my usual walk and did it without any problems. Next time I go I am going to take my camera and take photo's along the way so you can see what a beautiful walk it is and why I don't hesitate going walking!

TODAY (Saturday) we received a phone call from our Aussie friend Lisa who lives in Basel. She wanted Roger to go bike riding with her. Well, I decided to tag along as well. We had a good wind to help us along the way and road from Schopfheim to Weil am Rhein - 20km's. It was a fantastic ride and none of us felt tired at the end of it. Roger and I did catch the train home though, but got off at Schopfheim West and rode the 2km's home! Not bad for a Saturday. I enjoyed it so much I think I might do another one on Monday. We have another holiday coming up, which is Pentecost. Just can't get used to all these holidays around this time in Europe. I thought we could cycle to France, but Lisa said they have the holiday there as well.

So, I'm feeling rather good for my nearly 57 years! Seeing the sunshine sure does make a difference to the way we all feel.

No comments: