Monday, May 25, 2009

HAPPY SUNNY SUNDAY



We've had a great day. Had to catch the train to Church this morning as our Ghanan friend Johnny has gone back to Ghana for 4 weeks holiday. So, this was an experience in itself. We haven't had to do this for many years!

We had to make sure we caught the 12 noon train back to Schopfheim or we would be hanging around the station for 1 hour. Didn't want that. But this meant we couldn't catch up with some friends we wanted to chat to. Oh well.

Roger invited Stefan to come and have lunch with us. He arrived around 1.30pm and we had lunch together. Roger and Stefan had a great afternoon 'chewing the fat' together! Stefan has his own investment banking business and is also dabbling in other things very successfully. He's such a great guy and we do enjoy spending time with him. He was actually wanting to get our views on German politics, etc. Just up Roger's alley so I was able to excuse myself!

I got the 'speakies' SMS from my sister Irene in Perth, Australia so I lay on the bed and we had a good natter for one half hours!! What a luxury. We sure can talk, but also have a good laugh about ourselves. She is taking off for 12 days in Bali at the end of this week. She sure does need a holiday and Bali is so close to Western Australia. I think it only takes 3 hours to get there, so it is closer than a flight to Melbourne.

The weather is hot at the moment. Fancy 30C in May. Amazing. Of course it is lovely and cool in our home, and with the shutters halfway down, even better.

Have a reasonably busy week coming up, but nothing that I can't handle!!



This photo was taken on our visit to Solothurn. Also a warm day and you could say I was a little 'over dressed!'. A wonderful day with Angela though. We must go back there again sometime.


2 comments:

Pamela said...

it was that warm here for a few days. Then it cooled and got windy - -and now warming again.

Yes. I'd say you look kind of snuggled for such a warm day. But I'm looking beyond you and most of the men are in coats, too.

Pat said...

What a beautiful sunny day!
I just read the second post about Rogers birthday...he had a wonderful surprise from all accounts. I think I will just start counting my birthday backwards at this point, and get younger every year!
Have a wonderful week!
XO - Pat