Saturday, May 09, 2009

GIRL'S NIGHT - 8 MAY 2009

Life couldn't be better. I have a wonderful husband, a family that delights me, a lovely place in which to live, a community of friendly and helpful people, great next door neighbours, the best friends from all different countries of the world, good health and the sun is shining!!

Angela has been here from Adelaide, Australia for 2 weeks and we have enjoyed having her come with us to meet friends and to see what we do here in Basel. We've had a great time together and tomorrow we say goodbye.

Before Angela came I made sure I organized my next Girl's Night (for my Germany girlfriends to practise their English) whilst she was here. I also organized for her to bring a pair of stainless steel tongs for each of them. You just can't buy them here in Europe. Funny isn't it?

We had traditional German food and the most delightful and fun evening together. Here are some photo's of us enjoying ourselves. This is the first time there have been 3 Aussie girls on the night. What a scream! We are much louder than our German friends and they had a good laugh at our antics!



l-r: Marianne, Renate, Angela, Lisa, Anke, Johanna, Carla and Gaynor






1 comment:

Pat said...

Looks like another wonderful get together. Oh how I would love to sit in with all of you, I'd bring my own stainless steel tongs! You are blessed with enjoying all that God provides.
I loved the pictures of the flowers in your last post, how gorgeous!
Love you!
Pat