Sunday, May 24, 2009

Surprises

So, Roger's birthday has been and gone. What a lovely day it was for us both. I had written an email to his Choir mates to make sure they sang Happy Birthday to him at Choir. Well, he was sung to twice actually. So Roger was very touched by that. No photo of that unfortunately.

I had sent Roger on a little buying spree in Loerrach just to delay him for a little longer! This meant I could work a little longer in the kitchen making a Lumberjack cake without him becoming suspicious! When he arrived home he was happy to relax in the loungeroom, but I eventually had to ask him to stay out of the kitchen as I wanted to set the table for 4 and he wasn't expecting any visitors!! I made a beef roast and yummy vegetables. We had cheese, pate, grapes and nuts to begin with and the surprise visitors (below) Kevin and Mark, brought a very nice bottle of champagne. Kevin also brought a cake (which he is still holding in the picture). Yes you're right, we ate too much cake!!
Kevin arriving - surprise !!!


Mark arriving with the champagne !!




Then on Friday afternoon/evening we had Andy and Angela over here for a walk up the hill and a very yummy vegetarian dinner. I had never made these 2 recipes (Punjab before and I was very pleased with the result, as were Roger, Andy and Angela. Here is Angela with a Cafe Mocchiato that Roger made (his first attempt). Angela and Andy were most impressed as it swished around in the glass!!




2 comments:

Joce said...

What lovely friends you have & times to enjoy with them. I look forward to having my own little chat with you soon too Mum, missed out last week, though had a good chat to Dad. xo

Glenda said...

I hope dear daddy that you are prepared to make one of those for me when you're back! That looks delish!!
G xo