Friday, December 15, 2006

Learnen Der Deutsch ! ! !

Yesterday I attended my first Deutsch Ladies Bible Study in Brombach, 3 train stops from Schopfheim on the way to Loerrach. It was at Bernadette's home. There were 11 ladies altogether and we studied the Love Chapter of the Bible - 1 Corinthians 13. The ladies were 'warned' that I was coming and were very understanding of my limited Deutsch, but I was so excited to be there and surprised at how much I could understand. A couple of the ladies have offered to speak Deutsch with me so that I can get some main phrases together. We will begin to meet after Christmas. At last I feel I am going to get somewhere. Plus of course I also get to know a few more ladies.

Saturday night Roger and I have been invited out to Dinner. Vennison is on the menu. It will be a very special meal and we are both looking forward to being treated to a traditional Deutsch meal.

No comments: