Thursday, December 21, 2006

These past days

Very frustrating not having wireless connection at the moment, hence lack of blogging! Apologies to all those that check for news regularly. I can't even post photos at the moment.

We are doing all things Christmas! The only little problem is that the sun is shining brilliantly and it feels like we are in Australia!! Well.... excuse me! Let me explain. When we sit in our sunroom with the sun streaming through the large window and our heating on, it feels like summer!

So.... Roger has purchased the real little Christmas tree and decorated it appropriately. Very cute in its little corner of the loungeroom. Tinsel is just a slight problem here. They just don't know how to do it. Will have to get our gorgeous Glenda to send some to us next year!

I have been baking! Made honey biscuits the other day. Very yummy but lots of mess. I can't believe I didn't bring my cookie cutters with me. Had to borrow Johanna's, but that worked out okay. Must make the Christmas Puddings and Christmas Cake today. Yes, I know, a bit late! I do miss the Rotary and Lion Cakes and Puddings! I like being lazy.

We haven't received many Christmas cards! I don't think people in Australia like going to the Post Office to send overseas mail. I'm sure they still love us though!

Jocelyn arrives tomorrow (Friday). I posted that she arrives Saturday. Fortunately she saw it and sent a quick email. Roger will travel by train to Zurich to meet her. VERY EXCITING.

Spoke to our lovely Glenda and Tom today. Their move into their own home went smoothly. We were praying hard that it would. Now we need to connect with Tim and Amy and find out what they have been up to.

Roger is suggesting we take Jocelyn to Freiburg on Saturday to check out their Christmas Markets. That should be fun. We can get a family ticket for 30 euros which is pretty good.

Wishing all my blogger friends out there a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Peaceful New Year (but lots of fun of course, that goes with the territory doesn't it?).

G A Y N O R

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you and your a very Merry Christmas and a safe, healthy and happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Roger amd Gaynor. Life sounds very exciting - just to experience Christmas in Europe would be something in my view. MY life is hectic - extended family crisis etc. Anyhow love from us all at Christmas. Wish we could go to Frieburg market!! Love from Ann Bloor

Gaynor said...

Thanks Ann. Lovely to receive your message and greetings. Blessings on the Bloor family. Thanks for being such lovely friends and pray-er's for our ministry. Love Gaynor xoxoxox

PS Won't go to Frieburg Market. Too tired and Jocelyn is not very well!!