Saturday, December 16, 2006

OUR FRIDAY

Friday was a bit of a recovery day for me! Why am I not keeping up with our pace of life?!!!! Roger went into Basel to RUN with Bernhard. He certainly didn't strip down to shorts this time! We received an email from Jocelyn reminding us that our temperatures are COLD. Jack Frost is definitely visiting each morning and it certainly looks like snow, but of course it isn't. Everyone is hanging out for snow here. Christmas just isn't the same without snow (evidently)!! The last 3 days have been sunny and around 11C but overnight 0C or -2C.

Last night we went to the Centrepoint International Apero in Basel. What a fantastic chance to catch up with friends and to meet new friends. We had a great time. Roger spoke to a young couple for most of the evening and I had a lovely conversation with a lady who is originally from London, but has lived in Basel for 35 years! Basel was alive last night. The Christmas lights are magnificent. We keep forgetting to take our camera with us.

Today I am baking! Guess what? I left all my cookie cutters behind in Australia. I just can't believe I would do such a thing (nor would you Jocelyn). Will have to ask Johanna if I can borrow hers. I don't think I want to buy a whole heap more.

We have invited an Australian couple for afternoon tea. They live in Reihen in Switzerland. We have been wanting to catch up with them ever since we arrived here! Then we are going to a German friends place for a venison meal (Bernadette and Werner caught 3 Deer!!). They are hunters (should I say that on my blog - sorry if I offend!!).

Sorry no photo's Jocelyn!!!!!

No comments: