Saturday, May 19, 2007

Daily Adventures !

Sorry for the silence. I have had a bloggers block!!

Actually, I've had too much on and I just can't seem to keep up with everything.

Have I told you how much I love living here in the Drielander region (coming together of 3 countries - Germany, Switzerland and France)? People are so friendly and helpful. We really feel like we belong here. Just the day the lady upstairs got our washing off the line as we were both out and it started to rain. It's little things like that that touch us so much and make us appreciate living here.

Today I visited a friend in Basel. She needed some love, encouragement and a listening ear, all of which I was able to give her. I also did a bit of looking around in some of the shops to see what bargains I could get when the sales start in June!! Roger is telling me I need a couple of new China mugs for my special cups of Earl Grey/Lady Grey tea!! (Only a true loose leaf tea lover would really appreciate how important the cup is!!) When I eventually found my way home at 3.15pm I arrived to a sparkling clean home. Roger had done the vacuuming, washed the floors (and polished them) and put the washing on the line. Aren't I just the luckiest lady in the world? What a gem he is. And I might add he is full of hayfever and his poor nose just keeps on running, so he's not really feeling 100%.

4 comments:

Joce said...

Good to hear from you Mum, and you are certainly blessed. Poor Dad - please give him a big hug from me. It's his birthday here now... and I hope the day dawns bright & clear for your tramping adventure with B & L. Don't forget to take photos!
Love you stacks! Joce <>< xo xo :)

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back on line and hear of Roger's wonderful work - with you I mean. I think he must have chased you up a few more mountains by the look of your photos!! We are off to a concert tonight in aid of Mully Children's Homes. Keep having fun!!!

Love from Ann

Pat said...

I've missed you and started to wonder and worry that all was well. I should have known that your such a busy bee.
How lovely to be surrounded by such beauty and friendly people - the world could use more of both. I do indeed think your married to a gem - and so is he.
I hope you find the perfect China mug and when you do, snap a picture so we can all appreciate it right along with you.
Blessing my friend!!

Pamela said...

come on over to my house roger... !!!!