Monday, May 07, 2007

SABINE'S 'O' BIRTHDAY DINNER ! ! !



My friend Sabine had an intimate dinner for 6 friends and her daughter Elise on her Birthday. She lives in the most wonderful home - in the basement of this beautiful home owned by Georg and Matthew. Because it was such a balmy night we were able to sit outside, though when the sun went down it become rather chilly, hence our wraps!

It is customary here in Germany when you have an '0' Birthday to treat your friends to the celebration. Now I think that's okay when you have a partner to help, but Sabine treated us to a splendid spread and did most of the work all by herself. (You might remember in a previous blog I was making a Lumberjack Cake - well this is the special occasion and it was thoroughly enjoyed by all!).

I hope Sabine doesn't see this blog, this photo just doesn't do her justice. She is the most wonderful friend and I love her dearly.

The young lady in the photo below is her daughter Elise who lives about 7 hours drive away. She is planning to go to Canada for her University studies. She has a dual German/Canadian passport.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Pat said...

What a magnificent house! Looks like it was a wonderful party-Sabine looks like she had a great time, and her daughter Elise is so beautiful!
I still need to look up the recipe for that cake, I fear I may be missing out on something yummy!
Hope your feeling better- I've kept you in my prayers!
Blessings!

Joce said...

Just checked back to see if pictures work, & they did - yay for Mum! Also enjoyed pics from All that Jazz.
You do have such lovely friends :) How was SHAPE this week? please say "guten tag" to people from me!
Lots love, joce <><

Pamela said...

If I had to cook and CLEAN I'd skip the 0 birthday and go right on to the 1

Gaynor said...

Now Pamela, I bet you wouldn't!! Someone would look after you - me for instance!!!

Joce said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mum... make sure you visit my blog, for your virtual hug!

Lots of Love,
Joce <>< xo xo xo :)

Pat said...

Hope you had a great Mothers Day - hugs! ((())))!

Gaynor said...

Mother's Day was spent with my Husband!! We went to Open Day at a Gallery in Riehen. I certainly miss my kids, but not necessarily on Mother's Day - E V E R Y D A Y !

Pat said...

Happy belated Anniversary to the lovely couple!
May God continue to bless your lives as you reach out to share His love.
If we were closer, Hal and I would love to treat you both to an anniversary dinner- I would love to surprise you and show up on your door step with flowers! Consider this a bouquet of best wishes!!
Blessings!