Monday, May 28, 2007

THE WEEK THAT WAS

So, why hasn't Gaynor posted this past week!!! Not like me is it? I've always got plenty to talk about!

Aussie Annette from Newcastle arrived on Monday evening travelling from Paris. There is a small section at Basel SBB (Swiss railway station) devoted to French trains. The downside is you really do have to go through customs! Poor Annette has been full of hayfever and a cold since arriving and it has been most miserable for her. I know what it's like having hayfever and it really gets you down after a couple of days - BUT A WEEK! Oh my goodness, I would be beside myself.

So Tuesday we had a 'quiet' day but did manage a walk. The past week has been rather warm - high 20's, even getting to 30 one day. (Today, Monday, it is rather cold and raining, but we don't mind!!).

Wednesday we were up early to meet Derek and Mel Webster in Frick for a chat and coffee. It's always great meeting with these guys. We love them so much. Then we went into the English Centrepoint to help fold the monthly newsletter 'Horizons'. In the evening we did week 2 of the S.H.A.P.E. course the Rog and Annette went off with a friend, Christian, to walk the Fussball. I came home on the train for an 'early' night.

Thursday was washing, shopping, cooking, writing letters. You know, the usual.

Friday Annette and I went to morning tea at Centrepoint, meeting new people, which is always lots of fun, then we walked back to the Railway Station to come home.

Friday night was 'Girl's Night' with 8 of us together and it was the loveliest night. I just love these evenings of chatting together and having a meal. There were 4 German ladies and 4 English ladies, giving the German ladies an opportunity to speak and hear English.

Our Saturday adventures I will put in a separate blog!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

No wonder you haven't posted in a while - you haven't had a moment to sit still!
I don't know if it's hay fever or something else, but it seems I haven't felt very well for weeks. I've decided to visit the doctor tomrrow to make sure I don't miss treating a throat infection or something else if indeed that is what it is. Besides, I'm tired of feeling so bad.
I was beginning to think that it would be ages before hearing from you again and that would make me very sad!
so happy your back!!

Gaynor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.