Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Day out in Baden Wurttemberg

We wanted to do something special whilst Annette was with us. There is a rail ticket you can buy for 29euros which up to 5 people can travel on anywhere in Baden Wurttemberg. We took the big plunge (!!) and bought the ticket. Roger, Annette, Gaynor, Amanda and Sheila set off on the train at 9.30am. We wanted to get to Lake Constance. But, of course there is beautiful towns and scenery along the way, so many oo's and ah's and of course we had to get off at Laufenberg (pictures below) which is on the Rhine River. A bridge separates Switzerland from Germany and it is the quaintest of towns and a 'must return' village! It was pretty snoozy when we arrived around 10.15am!





And my blog isn't complete without a photo of Woffie (not forgetting Amanda of course). Aaron is currently in the U.S. (Woffie's Daddy!). Woffie thoroughly enjoyed the day out and all the attention he got along the way.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

great shots... so beautiful

Pat said...

Ah...the beautiful land of my ancestors. I'm so glad I'm able to see it through all of your wonderful pictures!
I feel a little better today after seeing my doctor yesterday and getting antibiotics for a sinus infection. I should be up to speed in no time.
Looks like Woffie is enjoying the view tremendously! What a nice seat he has!
I need to figure out how much a euro is comparied to a US dollar so I can tell if your getting a good bargin or not!

Angie D said...

That town is breathtaking!