Tuesday, March 27, 2007

AN EVENTFUL DAY

Just when we thought we'd have a day of recovery............

We visited our village Optometrist today. Long overdue. I'm almost blind and Roger lost his reading glasses EARLY New Year's Day! Roger was hoping he would get his glasses back, but alas they have not been 'turned in' so to speak. I was told I needed new glasses before I left Australia but didn't want to part with the $'s!! Roger ordered and picked out his half frames in less than 5 minutes. NOT SO ME!! I ended up taking 5 frames with me for my girlfriends to inspect and choose which ones I should buy! At least that decision has been made, but oh dear, the cost is a bit of a worry.

Roger was just out the door to his Deutsch course when he was asked by a guy to push his car to get it started! (I was watching from the window!!). THEN he comes in and gets me and asks if I would clutch start the car. Now you have to realise we drive on the left hand side in Australia AND I have not driven a car since the 27 February 2006 when we said goodbye to our lovely Mazda 6!! I said I'd push, but that didn't work so the guy persuades me to get in the car! We started it straight away! (We're sure he didn't have the ignition on!)

Just quietly, I'm bugged!

3 comments:

Pat said...

That really was an eventful day!
I totally understand about practically being blind - I have terrible vision. I'm never happy with my glasses, somehow they look better before they put my thick lenses in them! I wear contact lenses on occasion, but I don't feel my vision is as sharp.
Good for you getting behind the wheel after not driving for a while...I'm sure it was much appreciated.
I love you tiny little footnote about being bugged!

Angie D said...

Please tell me someone got a good photo of you two getting that man's car started!

Gaynor said...

Well, that got a laugh out of us Angie! I think the neighbours were laughing behind their curtains!
Welcome back to blogging. Have missed you. Don't disappear again unless you have permission - okay?!!!