Friday, March 16, 2007

On our walk to Langenau

We walked to Langenau a couple of weeks ago (on the other side of the hill from Schopfheim) and then hiked back over the rather steep hill. It was about 10km's altogether so not too far. Roger took these photos and I just had to share them with you. Very special indeed. AND I was able to post all 4 on my blog at the one time! Now that's a first. I wasn't game to write something at the same time!

Roger tells me we're in for some snow next week. We've had the most glorious Spring weather the past couple of weeks and I'm not sure any of us want to go back to winter! Still we've made the most of it by being out and about. Roger went up the hill yesterday and write 'thank you's' and then went for a bike ride today and did his Deutsch homework. Somethings brewing in the air. It was very hazy today, and we're not used to haze!

5 comments:

Pat said...

What beautiful pictures - they make me think of one of my favorite childhood books - "Heidi".
Our few warm spring days here have also turned cold again. We even had snow this morning.
The mountains and stream are so lovely - how peaceful!

Gaynor said...

Hi Pat, So you're a 'Heidi' fan too. We sure did grow up on those books! I'm always on the look out for the old versions. Just love them. How's the hair doing? I went messy yesterday! You can't really tell in the photo though.

Pat said...

Per your comment on my blog today - you need absolutely zero help with your blog -it's perfect just the way it is.
My hair is much more managable now with the new hair cut, I no longer have to wear a ski cap! :)
I love the photo of you and your friends - you always look so full of joy - its contagious just to see your smile!
Oh, I do love Heidi! I have a very old Dr. Doolittle book, also one of my childhood favorites.

Angie D said...

Those photos are beautiful! Makes me want to visit...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos Gaynor. You are very clever to publish 4 at once They are lovely and I can just imagine being surrounded by such beauty on a walk. It is Saturday night here and I am waiting for dinner to cook. The drought still has us in its grip and some of our garden is dying. I am coming to grips with the Gospel of Mark this term - in between work!! Love frm Ann