Tuesday, December 09, 2008

MONDAY'S HIKE


Roger and I woke up bright and early this morning ready to charge out the door for Monday's hike. Jack Frost was all over the place!! It was bitterly cold!! Quite a picture though.

We arrived at our designated destination about 20 minutes before everyone else. No fun waiting in the cold! When our fabulous leader Kevin hadn't arrived by 9.30am I suggested we hide from him so when he got off the tram he would get a little surprise!! There were 7 of us waiting for Kevin.

So............ Kevin got off the train! "Well, it looks like I'm doing the walk on my own....."

"Surprise......!!!!"

"And who's idea was it to hide", Kevin asks Roger!

"Who do you think", says Roger!

We had a wonderful 3 hour walk, walking up through Riehen and the vineyards and then along the ridge. The sun came out, and although still rather chilly, it was a beautiful walk and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Even more so as we were able to stop at a Cafe after 2.5 hours and have a nice warm drink.

We were home by 2.15pm

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I quit my job (don't know if and when I'll find another) ... but I've started walking. On Tuesdays I walk with the bird count ladies. I love it.