Tuesday, December 16, 2008

THEY'RE COMING ! ! !

TWO MORE SLEEPS UNTIL TIM AND AMY ARRIVE ! ! !


No, we're not at all excited!

Tim rang us to say they had arrived safely in Heidelberg. No snow there.

Roger took himself off to the Doctor this morning as his cough has come. He has been given a 5 day Dr's certificate for his employer (me ! joking!!) and has been put on a course of antibiotics. Hopefully he'll be feeling better tomorrow. I am fighting to stay fit, taking Vitamin C and anything else I can get my hands on at this stage!

Johnny came and had dinner with us tonight. Johnny is our lovely Ghanan friend who drives us to Church every week. We had a great time together. He loves my Lemon Coconut Slice.

So, we have cancelled all our activities until Tim and Amy arrive. No more of the high life! Oh well, such a pity really, but have to be well for Barcelona!

Did the shopping today. We are expecting more snow and it can be difficult to trudge outside in the snow, so decided to do it all today. It was freezing. I'm sure the temp. didn't get above -2C.

Our home is looking lovely and Christmasy!

Cooking tomorrow. I am making Anzac Biscuits for a friend in Basel. Her parents are coming over from London for Christmas. She loves my Anzacs.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

So lovely to chat last night mum, good to hear that you're both going to rest up!!
(On another note if you could just watch your use of apostrophes with plurals ie. Anzacs. I've been trying hard not to say anything but clearly you are being influenced by all that German you are hearing!!)
Love Glenda

Gaynor said...

Ah, it's good to let old dogs use new tricks my darling Glenda!